To everyone coming to the 2020 Symposium,
We are all looking forward to this year’s symposium and we are all hearing the news as this novel coronavirus does its thing. The NEDPMS Board of Directors has agreed to continue as planned with the meeting. Here are a few updates:
- As of today, at least one presenter will need to present remotely via web conferencing due to his university’s new travel restriction policy. It is possible that other presenters may need to do the same. Obviously, our preference is in-person presentations, but we are dealing with unique circumstances. We have all the appropriate equipment to ensure a high-quality remote presentation.
- We are passing along the CDC’s recommendations for practicing everyday prevention actions like:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissue and throw it away in the trash
- Wash your hands correctly (>20 sec) and often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily
- More information from the CDC can be found here
- We plan to make extra supplies available during the symposium.
- We hope everyone can still come but understand if personal circumstances dictate your decision to stay home. If you do decide to skip the symposium, we ask you communicate that to Rob Lynch via email ([email protected]), text, or phone call (607-882-5378). NEDPMS will refund your registration. Do not forget to cancel your hotel reservation if you have one.
- Obviously, this is a fluid situation and if circumstances dictate a change of plans, we will communicate via email and post the information here.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility, let’s have a great symposium!
Do you like this post?