This just in - Our 2020 Symposium has been approved by the AAVSB’s Registry of Approved Continuing Education for 14.5 CE Credit Hours.
NEDPMS is approved by NYSED as a New York State sponsor of continuing education for veterinarians.
All attendees (in-person or virtual) will receive an email with CE certificate information.
Posted Mar 11:
A couple more presenters have been prevented from traveling to Syracuse. The agenda has been updated to indicate which presenters will be joining us via web conference.
To everyone coming to the 2020 Symposium,
We are all looking forward to this year’s symposium and we are all hearing the news as this novel coronavirus does its thing. The NEDPMS Board of Directors has agreed to continue as planned with the meeting. Here are a few updates:
- As of today, at least one presenter will need to present remotely via web conferencing due to his university’s new travel restriction policy. It is possible that other presenters may need to do the same. Obviously, our preference is in-person presentations, but we are dealing with unique circumstances. We have all the appropriate equipment to ensure a high-quality remote presentation.
- We are passing along the CDC’s recommendations for practicing everyday prevention actions like:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissue and throw it away in the trash
- Wash your hands correctly (>20 sec) and often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily
- More information from the CDC can be found here
- We plan to make extra supplies available during the symposium.
- We hope everyone can still come but understand if personal circumstances dictate your decision to stay home. If you do decide to skip the symposium, we ask you communicate that to Rob Lynch via email (email@example.com), text, or phone call (607-882-5378). NEDPMS will refund your registration. Do not forget to cancel your hotel reservation if you have one.
- Obviously, this is a fluid situation and if circumstances dictate a change of plans, we will communicate via email and post the information here.
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility, let’s have a great symposium!
Additional discounted room block available! NEDPMS Attendees can get a single or double occupancy room for $159/night. This offer will expire midnight Feb 28 or when the block fills.
This just in - Our 2019 Symposium has been approved by the AAVSB’s Registry of Approved Continuing Education for 14.5 CE Credit Hours.
New this year, we will be holding our planning meeting before the AABP Annual Conference.
- Since we will NOT be holding a planning meeting in Phoenix on Friday morning during the conference, you will be free to do something else and not be late for morning sessions.
- But wait, what if you have ideas to share for next year's symposium? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before our planning meeting on Sep 5th.
Below are individually linked files for each of the speakers' presentations.
Finance & practice management workshop
Producing quality milk: Avoiding the pitfalls & embracing technologies
- Dr. Brandon Treichler
Avoiding residues in cattle
- Dr. Geoff Smith
Genomic selection for improved feed efficiency – prospects, challenges, and impact
- Dr. Kent Weigel
Managing cows to improve feed efficiency and sustainability
- Dr. Mike Vandehaar
- Stith Keiser
Common myths in treating calf diarrhea
- Dr. Geoff Smith
Designing calving areas that support natural behavior
- Dr. Peter Krawczel
How searching for the perfect monitor let me back to the farm
- Dr. Mike Kristula
Assessing dairy health opportunities: Bulk tank and bedding pathogens
- Dr. Paula Ospina